How We Are Protecting You
To All Patients and Referring Physicians:
At St. Louis Minimally Invasive Spine Center, your health and safety is our foremost concern. With the uncertainty surrounding not only healthcare but life in general due to the COVID-19 Virus, we have taken several steps to ensure your health and safety, while still maintaining continuity of care.
Here at the office, we have made several changes to reduce the risk of virus transmission:
- All patients are pre-screened by telephone for risk factors for COVID-19, including recent travel, recent cough, temperature, or other symptoms, and exposure to anyone known to have the virus.
- We are taking the temperature of all patients and employees prior to entering the building.
- We are having patients call from the parking lot, and after having their temperature taken, they are being taken straight to an exam room. No patients are allowed to congregate in the waiting room.
- Patients are limited to one family member at any visit, if necessary.
- We are asking patients to complete all appointment paperwork online prior to their appointment if possible.
- All exam rooms and clinical areas are thoroughly disinfected after each patient visit.
- Patients and staff are to maintain 6-foot social distancing when possible.
We will also be starting the option of telemedicine-based appointments for those patients where it is appropriate. If you are a follow-up patient and have a phone that has video capabilities (such as an iPhone or Galaxy), please ask our staff about arranging a telemedicine appointment.
We are continuing to see new patients, but may be limited in our ability to schedule elective surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, for patients who have urgent spinal issues, such as intractable pain and neurological deficit, surgery can be performed. For those that have an elective issue, we can arrange for surgery as soon as restrictions on elective surgery are lifted.
I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to care for your spinal problems. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday through Friday.
Kurt Eichholz, MD, FACS
St. Louis Minimally Invasive Spine Center